In this article i will explain How to integrate the CKEditor with wordpress. CKEditor is a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor to be used inside HTML in your webpages. It is platform independent and compatible with most of browsers like Internet Explorer 8+, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, Opera and etc.
How Replace WordPress Visual Editor with CKEditor
You can replace default wordpress editor with CKEditor. Download the wordpress plugin for CKEditor from wordpress repository http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ckeditor-for-wordpress/.
Features of CKEditor
- Replace the default WordPress editor with CKEditor
- Post comment with CKEditor to provide styled and colorful comments (Optional)
- Built-in file manager and upload manager, also supports CKFinder – an AJAX file browser
- Built-in WordPress “read more” Button
- Integration plugin for Viper’s Video Quicktags
- Integration plugin for Wp-Polls
- Integration plugin for GD Star Rating
- Integration plugin for NextGEN Gallery
- Integrated with WordPress media buttons
- Configurable output formatting
- Manage and insert smileys into your post
- Customizable toolbar buttons
- Customizable skin
Setup CKEditor with wordpress
- Connect your wordpress site with FTP/SFTP and navigate to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- In your wordpress admin panel go to the ‘Plugins’ menu.
- Make sure you have uncheck option “Disable the visual editor when writing” if checked in your account profile settings.
Need more info see the screen short bellow :