By: Satyam Updhyay | Last Updated:
Features of IMCE
IMCE is an image/file uploader and browser that supports personal directories and quota.
Steps to IMCE integration with CKEDITOR
1. Download the CKeditor module from http://drupal.org/project/ckeditor and imce module fromhttp://drupal.org/project/imce .
2. Unzip the files in the sites/all/modules directory .
3. Download CKEditor from http://ckeditor.com/download. Unzip the contents of the ckeditor directory in the sites/all/modules/ckeditor/ckeditor directory.
4. Enable the modules as usual from Drupal’s admin pages.
5. Grant permissions for use of CKEditor in “Administer > User Management > Permissions”
6. Under “Administer > Site configuration > CKEditor”, adjust the ckeditor profiles. In each profile you can choose which textareas will be replaced by CKEditor, select default toolbar and configure some more advanced settings.
7. Go to http://ckfinder.com/download and download CKfinder.
8. Extract the downloaded file ckfinder and put it in Ckeditor folder (sites/all/modules/ckeditor/ckfinder) .
9. Open config.php in the ckfinder folder and comment out the
// WARNING : DO NOT simply return "true". By doing so, you are allowing
// "anyone" to upload and list the files in your server. You must implement
// some kind of session validation here. Even something very simple as...</p>
<p style="color: #222222">// return isset($_SESSION['IsAuthorized']) && $_SESSION['IsAuthorized'];
where $_SESSION['IsAuthorized'] is set to "true" as soon as the
// user logs in your system.
// To be able to use session variables don't forget to add session_start().
10. Add this code :
straight below the following line:
$baseUrl = ‘/ckfinder/userfiles/’;
11. Locate file named settings.php inside your drupal directory (usually sites/default/settings.php) and set $cookie_domain variable to your domain name.
$cookie_domain = $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'];
12. In the administer->site configuration ->ckeditor, edit the profile you are using.
In the file browser setting:
13. Go to create content ->page, try to upload a image using the ckeditor, it should work.