General Insurance Policy is basically an insurance policy that protects you from losses and damages other than covered by life insurance. For example it covers:
1) Personal property such as car or house
2) Accident and health Insurance
3) Liability Insurance – legal Liabilities
4) Property against natural calamities like flood, fire, earthquake etc.
5) Burglary and theft
6) Coverage on transport vehicles carrying goods like Cargo Ship
7) Coverage against machinery breakdown and
If you like this question & answer and want to contribute, then write your question & answer and email to freewebmentor[@]gmail.com. Your question and answer will appear on FreeWebMentor.com and help other developers.