Name the most commonly used HTTP methods supported by REST?
There are a few HTTP methods in REST which are more popular.
1. GET -It requests a resource at the request-URL. It should not contain a request body as it will get discarded. Maybe it can be cached locally or on the server.
2. POST – It submits information to the service for processing; it should typically return the modified or new resource.
3. PUT – At the request URL it updates the resource.
4. DELETE – It removes the resource at the request-URL.
5. OPTIONS -It indicates the supported techniques.
6. HEAD – It returns meta information about the request URL.
If you like this question & answer and want to contribute, then write your question & answer and email to freewebmentor[@]gmail.com. Your question and answer will appear on FreeWebMentor.com and help other developers.